Talk- ‘Ramsays Round, the classic 24 hour Scottish Challenge’.
To celebrate the 35th anniversary of Lochaber’s ‘Ramsay’s Round’ the originator Charlie Ramsay will
give a talk on this long distance hill running challenge which should not be missed by anyone with a
love of walking, running or the hills.
The Ramsay’s Round is a 24 hour circuit of 58 miles taking in 24 summits including Ben Nevis, with a
total climb of around 28,500 feet (nearly the height of Everest). The route was first completed by
Ramsay in 1978, with just 2 minutes to spare he had achieved his dream of circuiting all of the key
Lochaber mountains in a single day.
Charlie will discuss history and development, the physical and mental challenges, the adventure, as
well as providing inspiration for us all.
• Date: Tuesday 19th March 2013.
• The talk will start at 8pm.
• Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club, North Road, Fort William, PH33 6TG.
• The room has 100 capacity, first come first served.
• £1 entrance, payable at the door.
• Organised by Lochaber Athletic Club.
• Further information- email@example.com